Saturday 21 April 2007

A Very Busy Week

I've been working on the Knitwise website for the last 3 weeks and over the last couple of weeks all of my evenings seem to be just website, website and more website. I have been knitting during the daytime and I've been trying to get some allotmenteering in but haven't done much. I'm planning to be up early tomorrow morning and straight to the allotment. I've the rest of my potatoes and onions to put in and want to sow some carrots, peas, chards and beets. I also need to tidy the greenhouse (again) ready for my cucumbers and tomatoes.

I have managed to get a bit of knitting in. I've finished the back and front of H's sweater and am now halfway up the first sleeve. I may try and finish the sleeve today. As always I have many WIP's. I have two single socks - my blue embossed leaves sock and a red one with lace cuff which I finished on Wednesday. I'm going to have to finish their partners this week or I'll be behind on the 52 pair plunge. I've also started my handpainted gloves for Karens glove kal. This is a lovely pattern and I'm really enjoying it.
The house is very quiet - everyone still in bed except me, and the cats are outside eating! I could do with going back to bed myself. We were up late last night with friends and I'm very tired. Unfortunately I have to be in work so I'm going to have another quick cup of tea and a shower and get going!

2 comments:

Michaela said...

Hello! Followed the links from the glove KAL. I'm in Cambridgeshire and am the one knitting the green glove! I love your stripey socks from down there (she says pointing). I've only knitted one pair of socks and they didn't fit. What pattern did you use and what is that wonderful yarn?

Angie said...

Hi Michaela, nice to meet you. The stripey socks are knitted in Regia Mini Ringels - I can't remember which shade, and the pattern is the free simple sock pattern which came with the yarn (a standard 60 stitch sock pattern).