Wednesday 4 April 2007

Stitch 'n Bitch 'n Socks

It's half term and coming up to Easter so last nights SnB meeting was a bit light on numbers - just ten of us. Three of us were knitting socks - the perennial favourite. Sue was using some Fortissima Socka Cotton Colori and a vintage pattern for cable ankle socks. Miriam is using the Fortissima Socka with a basic sock pattern. Miriam joined a sock kal yesterday. It seems that everyone who gets past their first sock becomes slightly obsessed with them. I was knitting my 2nd pair for the 52 pair plunge - the embossed leaf socks. I didn't get a lot done - too much chatting so changed over to the aran sweater I am making for H. That sounds like I've been knitting the sweater for ages but actually I only started yesterday. I was sorting out the back room at the Knitwise shop yesterday morning and discovered this 100% peruvian aran that I had completeley forgotten about. All my self-imposed rules on 2007 being the year of finishing were ignored as another project was added to my WIP list. I am pretty good at finishing things I make for H so should have it done quite quickly - hopefully before he gets back from Majorca.

No comments: