Monday 19 March 2007

More sock knitting

Yesterday was wet, wild and wintery in Liverpool. Lot's of rain, hail and snow so no allotmenteering for me. I had a walk to the plot with H at about 5pm just to check on how much damage had been done. The allotment site is on top of a hill so when it's windy there tends to be lot's of damage to greenhouses and sheds. I was quite lucky this time - just a couple of broken cloches.

We had also planned to watch the Paris Nice cycle race on the tv, so I had a good excuse to get my needles out. I finished the first sock of my second pair for SAM3, and started the next one. I could feel 'second sock syndrome' coming on, so knew I have to get started straightaway otherwise my first monkey would be very lonely for a long time. (I'm knitting 'monkey' by Cookie A)


Here is my first sock completed. I'm really enjoying knitting this pattern and will probably knit it again but with plain yarn so the pattern shows up more.



This is a close up of the cuff. The pattern shows up quite well when its on my foot and will probably be better when the sock is blocked.

The yarn I am using is Jaeger 100% pure wool fingering which I found in the depths of my stash last week. I really wanted to knit monkey and use this yarn. It was not the best choice as the yarn is a bit busy but I'm still pleased with the sock.

No comments: