Saturday 31 March 2007

Monkey Socks


Well, I finished my monkey socks. I've knit these using Jaeger 100% wool fingering which I found in my stash. I have four more 50g balls of this yarn so will be making more socks with it. I'm planning on doing one pair in rib and another in plain stocking stitch. I'll be making a lot more socks in the coming months. As well as SAM3 I have also joined the 52 Pair Plunge KAL. The aim of this KAL is to knit 52 pairs of socks between 1 April 2007 and 1 April 2008. This could be the end of my sock obsession (or it could make it worse!). Wish me luck!
Yesterday I completed the first front of my Dollar and a Half Cardigan (Interweave Knits, Spring 2007), so I just have the second front (with the cable) and the sleeves to knit. It shouldn't take too long. I've found this a very quick knit. The lace pattern keeps me interested in knitting the cardigan, and I find myself knitting to either the end of, or start of the lace pattern in each session, so I probably end up doing more rows than I would if it was just plain stocking stitch.
I'm planning to spend this next week finishing off some WIP. I have a cardigan and a cushion cover that both just need stitching together, and a sweater that just needs the neck band doing and stitching together. These are all the WIPs I am currently admitting to.

No comments: