Thursday 15 March 2007



It's a half day in the Knitwise shop on a Wednesday so it usually rains in the afternoon! Yesterday the weather was on my side. It was a lovely afternoon, warm and sunny, perfect allotment weather. I spent half an hour in the garage making a trellis type contraption which will attach to the side of the shed. The plan is to grow sweet peas up this and over the shed.
I moved the lavender plants from between the shed and greenhouse and put them at the other
side of the greenhouse where there's more space for them. Last summer I couldn't use the path because the lavender had grown so big and was constantly covered in bees. I also started building a new coldframe between the shed and greenhouse out of recycled bricks and a windowframe. Doesn't sound great but looks okay.
Then I did my usual thing - went home, had a cup of tea, wrote a list of all the jobs that need doing at the allotment, almost had a panic attack so threw the list away.

Still finishing my blue beaded socks for SAM3. When I knitted the first sock I had a problem with the pattern I was using. The toe shaping wasn't quite right so I had to make a few adjustments. Of course I didn't make a note of what I had done so I ended up in the same situation with the second sock. I made three attempts at it last night before giving up. Tried again this morning and almost added the socks to my UFO's. Had a cup of tea with Teebo and fed the cats, and then somehow I figured it out and had the toes finished in 20 mins. Just got to graft the top and they're done.


1 comment:

daisie said...

they are lovely socks! I think the beading is a brilliant idea, makes them seem so luxurious and stylish - which of course they are!