Monday 9 March 2015

A new week

It's Monday again!  This time last week I was getting myself ready for a telephone interview for a job.  It seemed to go well, I was on the phone for around 55 minutes on an interview that I was told would last 20 - 45 minutes.  But I've not heard anything back at all yet so not looking too promising. 
 
I had quite a creative week, started lots of projects - must stop doing that until I get some more things finished.  However, I did finish a few things off.  I finally got round to stitching the crochet flowers I had made on to a nice green crochet chain to make a garland for over my fire.
 
 

I also made a new cover for my ironing board.  I'm quite pleased with it. 
 
I've mostly been sewing.  I have my sewing head on at the moment.  However, I do knit when I am watching tv, and I finished this baby hat.
 
 
Back to the sewing and I made this cute cupcake bunting from some fabric I bought on a whim.  I'm pretty pleased with it and glad I didn't just run it up into a cushion.
 
 
My next project is these reversible napkins and napkin rings.  I've been thinking about making some of these for a while, and as is often the case I ended up cutting everything out for them at about 11pm one night. 
Took me a little longer than I expected to sew as I spent a lot of time messing about with the napkin rings as I wasn't quite what I was going to do with them.  Also my sewing machine had a bit of a strop and kept refusing to work.  I've given it a good clean, removing all the fluff that had accumulated and it seems much happier now. 
 
And finally on Friday I made the two lovely ladies in the centre and to the right of this photo.  The one on the left was the prototype made a couple of weeks ago.   I had actually cut all the fabric out for them about ten days ago but hadn't got round to sewing them up.  I do have another three cut out but have run out of white felt for the faces, so they'll be finished later in the week.  I'm going in to Skipton tomorrow morning so will pick some felt up then. 
 
 
I am going to make myself another cup of tea now and write down what I want to make / finish this week.  Hopefully that will help me stay on track and finish off the pile of half sewn projects on my best armchair. I'm not even going to think about all the knitting projects I have on the go.
 
 
 

1 comment:

kjsutcliffe said...

I find it difficult to follow a project through, often casting on or starting a new project before giving up and getting bored! I often have to write lists to stop my from deviating from my crafting plans :)