Sunday 27 January 2008

Big Garden Birdwatch 2008

Well, I did the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch again this year with my feline assistant Viola. I threw down loads of seed this morning for the doves and woodpigeons. I throw some on the lawn for them most days. By the time I sat down to record the activity there were lots of birds in and out of the garden.
I spotted:
2 robins, 5 blue tits, 7 coal tits, 1 goldfinch, 3 chaffinchs, 5 woodpigeons, 3 blackbirds, 2 collared doves, 4 magpies, 12 greenfinches, 1 house sparrow and 1 redwing.
It was pretty much as I was expecting but the redwing and greenfinches were a bonus. I first saw a redwing just before Christmas and haven't definately seen one since, and I haven't seen the greenfinches for about a week so was glad to see them back again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.