Friday 29 June 2007

Tour de France Knitalong

I've joined the Tour de France Knitalong! What a great idea! I love cycling. The Giro d'Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta Espana dictate much of the activity in our household. We even have themed days for different cycling events eg for the Tour of Flanders we eat Belgium food and drink Belgium beer!

I've decided to knit for the yellow jersey and my project is a retro cycling style jacket in either Molteni or Bianchi team colours. I've just got to sort out a suitable pattern, adjust it, and chart the designs before next saturday.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Good luck with all the tweaking you need to do pre-Tour!

knitseashore said...

I love your theme days. We took a Belgian dessert to a friends house to watch the Tour of Flanders too!

Archiknist said...

Are you going to tweak an existing jacket to look like a cycling jacket, or adjust the colors on a cycling pattern that already exists? (You'd think I would have looked for cycling-related patterns, but I never have--what a good idea!)

Angie said...

Hi archiknist, I'm planning to adjust a couple of patterns to make a cycling-style jacket. Make the back a bit longer perhaps. I'm not worried if it's not quite cycling jacket shaped just as long as it has that retro cyling feel about it. I'll be making it in molenti colours probably with the world champ bands on a la eddy merckx.